Association of Creative Initiatives
The MOMENTUM Creative Initiatives Association is a non-governmental organization registered in 2000 under the number KRS: 0000367176. The association conducts paid and unpaid activities for statutory purposes. It has 15 members who work for the statutory activity of the association free of charge and numerous volunteers, whose number varies depending on the implemented tasks and the length of the project. The Association conducts activities in cooperation with central and local government administration, as well as other non-governmental organizations, legal entities, who want to support or cooperate in the scope of statutory objectives set by the Association.
The MOMENTUM Association unites educators, theoreticians and dance practitioners for whom movement is a passion and the most important means of artistic expression. The main goal of the Association’s activity is to initiate events popularizing the movement and to promote an active, creative and healthy lifestyle. Besides, we aim to educate adults, mainly people professionally involved in art (any field), so that in the future they can educate children and young people in a creative and innovative way, and transfer knowledge, skills and good practices to future generations. The association brings together people with experience and qualifications in the field of dance, movement and education. Members of the association are people working in the fields of choreography, contact improvisation, martial arts, various forms of massage and body work. We have culture experts, educators, sociologists and culture managers in our ranks, as well as theater artists, vocalists and musicians, circus and street artists, as well as many other unique and interesting people who have a lot to offer, and at the same time they have a constant need for continuous education and searching.
The MOMENTUM Creative Initiatives Association is a non-governmental organization. We develop activities in the field of artistic education and cooperate with many institutions – the Institute of Music and Dance, the Grotowski Institute, the City of Wrocław, ECITE and others. We always invite leading Polish and foreign teachers and artists, focused mainly on releasing creative inspirations and discovering their own potentials in their adult students. Coaches, artists and teachers participating in our projects are creative people, full of commitment, who keep seeking new solutions.
We have several local, nationwide and international projects. For 10 years we have been organizing a festival which enjoys a great reputation in the country, which every year attracts a growing group of foreign participants (all our materials are translated into English, and at each lesson during the festival there is a translator into and from English). We are involved in ECITE – European teacher exchange Contact Improvisation and together with a school from Israel we run body work training – Ilan Lev method. We also have a 3-year school of Contact Improvisation NEW DANCE ACADEMY with Milan Kozanek and cyclical training WORKSHOP CREATIVE DANCE IN PSYCHOEDCATIVE WORK WITH CHILDREN AND YOUTH with Beata Zehetbauer, in which participant are mainly teachers and educators. We also created the PLANET KIDS PLATFORM! addressed to the youngest recipients and aiming on popularizing dance and development through movement and expanding access to various fields of art. In addition, we organize the CIRCULATION ACADEMY, i.e. cyclical workshops with staff focused on continuous training and meetings with outstanding personalities from specific fields (GaGa, BMC, Contact Improvisation and others). In cooperation with the Czech Republic, the performance 'Birth’ was created and international dance workshops took place.
MEMBERS AND PRODUCER OF THE FESTIVAL
ACTION PLAN FOR 2018-2020
CONTINUATION AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE FESTIVAL. CIRCULATIONS BY
Implementation and development of the Association’s projects:
- popularizing the most important global searches in the field of movement and activities revolving around contemporary art
- promotion of the achievements of Polish dance art on an international forum
- developing the educational and social offer of the festival
- increasing the range of recipients by the international environment
- To organize 1, 2 and 3-day workshops during the year to create opportunities to dance and to meet, and to build a dance community in Wroclaw.
- To invite teachers of technique who are currently enjoying the greatest interest and representatives of techniques completely innovative on our dance market.
Planned new projects and direction of the development of the Association:
- Developing social and educational activity in the field of movement and dance.
- Strengthening cooperation with the institutions with which we have been operating so far, including the Grotowski Institute, IMPART, Center for Artistic Initiatives.
- Cooperation with the Institute of Music and Dance (conferences, training sessions).
- Developing international contacts, artistic exchange, joint projects,
trips of the Association’s members to international festivals and training in order to establish contacts with foreign institutions
- Supporting artists in creating and organizing cultural enterprises.
- Preparation of dance performances of SIT „Momentum” members.